Mahogany Railings are another reason why we are known for innovation. We were the first railing manufacturer to combine the elegant look and feel of mahogany wood top rails with maintenance free and durable PVC or aluminum balusters. Why did we do this? People love the look and feel of wood, but want to avoid the expensive and time consuming maintenance associated with wood balusters. Top rails are easy to maintain.
Advantages of Mahogany Railings
- Mahogany railings have rich, beautiful and varied wood grain patterns.
- Mahogany is the most stable hardwood. It holds its shape.
- Good natural luster.
Durability and Strength
- Our Mahogany Top rails are of the finest quality graded lumber (Entandrophragma cylidricum), which are hand-picked and carefully inspected before leaving our warehouse.
- Mahogany rails have a natural resistance to moisture and atmospheric changes, so they are resistant to rot, mold and decay compared to other wood choices.
- Mahogany Top Rail can be integrated into all styles of our PVC Railing systems thanks to the custom designed fillet strip and Bracket system. (Bottom Rails are reinforced in all railing systems 5’ and over!)
TRADITIONAL RAILING KITS:
Classical – Mahogany Top Rail, 2″ x 3-1/2″ Bottom rail, Square, Colonial balusters or 4″ Glass Panels
Waterford – Mahogany Top Rail, 2″ x 3-1/2″ Bottom rail, Sub Rail with every other Square baluster to top rail
Spider Web – Mahogany Top Rail, 2″ x 3-1/2″ Bottom rail, Spider Web design with Square balusters
Patriot Sub Rail – Customize your Classical Railing Kit with a Mid Rail (works with Square baluster designs)
SPECIAL ORDER RAILING KITS:
Grand Mahogany – 4-1/2” Mahogany Top Rail, 2″ x 3-1/2″ Bottom rail, Square, Colonial balusters or 4″ Glass Panels
All Wood Railing – Mahogany Top and Bottom Rails with Square Balusters
Phoenix offers you options unlike many other companies. At Phoenix, we go beyond the ordinary and take railings to a higher level providing quality products with limitless styles. Safety and high standards are a top priority for Phoenix. Our standard rail kits have approximately 3″ spacing between the balusters. We can customize to other spacing if you would prefer!
Note: Mahogany Top rails must be treated with an oil-based stain following installation to weather-proof the rail and keep its quality/appearance intact.
Phoenix PVC Rail Systems are Beautiful, Bold, and Elegant as well as engineered for Superior Strength and Durability to provide Long-lasting Value and Performance.
Add a gate kit to your railing system to keep your space enclosed. Self-closing hinges and latch are included with each kit.
- Available in 3′, 4′, 5′ Wide Sections
- Available in 36″ or 42″ heights
- Gate Kits can be trimmed both in height and width to fit openings
- Styles: Traditional, Waterford, Custom Designs, Excel, Patriot Sub Rail, Glass (no 5’ kit in Glass)
- Choice of Square, Colonial, Glass Balusters or Round Aluminum Balusters – Black, White, Bronze
- Size of gate opening can be doubled with the addition of a drop rod
Aluminum gates are also available.
- Adjustable sizes, up to 40″ Wide x 34″ High
- Ask us about our custom welded gates
1 – 1/2″ Round Secondary Handrails
Round Secondary Handrail is a simple and functional attachment for any Phoenix PVC or Aluminum system. It is ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Code Compliant for graspability and offers both safety and comfort while moving up or down stairwells or ramps.
- Round Handrail is 1-1/2” in diameter (outside dimension)
- Round Handrails can mount right into railing posts or a nearby wall
- Alternatively, each handrail section can terminate in a smooth, rounded end loop
- Spans of 80”, 104” or 120” are available
- Spans can be even longer through the use of an internal joiner
- Mounting brackets required every 5 feet
- External joint rings are used at all connections to conceal the continuous aluminum interior
- White Vinyl and Black Aluminum are stocked
- Almond Vinyl, White Aluminum, and Bronze Aluminum can be special ordered